St Stephen’s CE RSA Academy
Good luck Year 4 on your next adventure! We will miss you!
Please read the PARENT GUIDE below informing you of our opening arrangements from Thursday 3rd September 2020. Please read it carefully. It details our staggered start and finish times and outlines the risk assessment measures we have put in place in order to keep the children as safe as possible whilst at school. There is further information regarding uniforms, lunch arrangements and what your child will need to bring to school. Please also discuss the behaviour safety rules with your child. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Please look at our Home Learning Tab. In there is useful information for 'Parents dealing with school closures.' There is a wealth of information including the RSA's Educational Continuity Statement, including tips and resources for well-being and support at this difficult time. Follow links to your child's home learning sections for academic support.
There is also a weekly RSA Photography Competition, with prizes! The winning entries will also be published in the RSA's Design Education Publication next term. Go to your child's class page to find posters advertising the competition. Please send entries to Mrs Barrett as advertised in the poster. Get clicking!
Your child’s class teacher will be checking in to make sure your children know we are still here for them. You can contact your teachers too using the following emails. For children in the early years go to: firstname.lastname@example.org, for Year 1 and 2 children use: email@example.com and for pupils in Year 3 and year 4 contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. These emails should be used for queries regarding educational advice only. Other matters should be addressed to the office: email@example.com or by contacting us via telephone: 01527 63911.
If you are having difficulty accessing computer hardware for your child to complete their work, please contact the office on the above email.
We want to support our community in any way we can so please do get in touch on the email addresses above.
Kind regards and stay safe,
Mrs Sarah Callanan
As a school within the Central RSA Academies Trust we completed a comprehensive risk assessment before opening to wider numbers of pupils in June 2020. The results across the Trust from 1st June 2020 to the of end of summer term 2020 (20th July) are that there have been no reported positive cases amongst pupils or staff attending schools in our Trust. In this time period 7 potential cases were reported, all pupils and staff in those “bubbles” were sent home as a precaution and pupil’s parents or carers informed. All suspected cases proved to be negative and all pupil’s and staff in those bubbles were able to return to their respective schools. The risk assessment covered the following areas;
- Awareness of procedures and policies
- Hygiene practices in classrooms and public areas
- Administering first aid to those presenting symptoms of COVID-19
- Managing suspected cases of COVID-19
- Spread of infection
- Clinically vulnerable staff
- Mental health concerns – staff
- Management of infectious diseases
- Governance and policy
- Vacant premises/re-opening of premises
- Emergency/fire evacuation
- Available capacity reduced by social distancing
- Organising small class groups
- Classroom based arrangements/class sizes
- Continued prioritisation of vulnerable pupils
- Pupil’s falling behind in learning
- Pupil’s eligible for free school meals
- Plans if staff numbers lower than required to teach classes
- Staff training
- Social distancing arrangements
- Pupil behaviour
- Transition planning
- Communication of Academy plans
- Academy building arrangements
- Contractors on site
- Costs of additional measures due to COVID-19
- Mental health concerns – pupils
- Transport arrangements
The risk assessment was regularly updated as required with new information and legislation for example the change in RIDDOR reporting requirements.
St Stephen's CE RSA Academy
We are looking forward to seeing you on Thursday 3rd September 2020!
Take care until then.
- Abbeywood First School
- Arrow Vale RSA Academy
- Church Hill Middle School
- Ipsley CE RSA Academy
- Tipton RSA Academy
- Sutton Park Primary RSA Academy
- St Stephen’s C E RSA Academy
- Oldbury Park Primary RSA Academy